Covers 100% of exam objectives, including developing Java applications, becoming proficient in Java data types, mastering operators and decision control structures, understanding encapsulation, class inheritance, polymorphism, and much more...
Includes interactive online learning environment and study tools with:
+ 3 custom practice exams
+ More than 200 Electronic Flashcards
+ Searchable key term glossary
Your complete guide to helping you pass the OCA Exam 1Z0-808
The OCA: Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide is your one-stop resource for complete coverage of Exam 1Z0-808. This Sybex Study Guide covers 100% of all exam objectives. You’ll prepare for the exam smarter and faster with Sybex thanks to superior content including, assessment tests that check exam readiness, objective map, real-world scenarios, hands-on exercises, key topic exam essentials and challenging chapter review questions. Reinforce what you have learned with the Sybex exclusive interactive online learning environment, accessible across multiple devices. Get prepared for the OCA exam with Sybex.
Coverage of 100% of all exam objectives in this Study Guide means you’ll be ready for:
- Developing Java applications
- Becoming proficient in Java data types
- Mastering operators and decision control structures
- Constructing primitive and dynamic arrays
- Directing flow with loop mechanisms
- Defining methods, abstract and concrete classes, and interfaces
- Understanding encapsulation, class inheritance, and polymorphism
- Throwing and catching Java exceptions
- Working with the new Java 8 Local Date and Time API
- Introducing the new Java 8 Lambda predicate expressions
Take your exam prep to the next level with Sybex’s superior interactive online study tools. To access our learning environment, simply visit http://www.sybex.com/go/ocajavase8, type in your unique PIN and instantly gain access to:
- Interactive online test bank with 3 practice exams, covering Exam 1Z0-808. Practice exams help you identify areas you need to study more. Get more than 90% of the answers correct, and you’re ready to take the certification exam. 180 questions total!
- More than 200 Electronic Flashcards to reinforce learning and last minute prep before the exam
- Comprehensive glossary in PDF format gives you instant access to the key terms so you are fully prepared
Jeanne Boyarsky, OCA/OCP, has worked as a Java developer for a bank in NYC for 12 years where she develops, mentors and conducts training. In her free time, she is a senior moderator at CodeRanch and works on the forum code base. Scott Selikoff, SCJP, has been a professional Java Enterprise developer for over 15 years. He currently operates Selikoff Solutions, LLC, which provides software consulting services to businesses in the tri-state New York City area.