About This Book
- Develop amazing gestures –based applications and an interactive JavaFX application powered by leap motion devices
- Get in touch with the right tools to rapidly develop your JavaFX application and give you essential hands-on experience with JavaFX 8
- A step-by-step guide with examples to help you develop applications
If you are a Java developer, an experienced Java Swing, Flash/Flex, SWT, or web developer looking to take your client-side applications to the next level, this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Deliver complex, compelling, and high performance JavaFX 8 applications with new impressive Java SE 8 core features and enhancements
- Run JavaFX applications on embedded devices such as Raspberry Pi
- Use Scene Builder to create and define UI screens graphically and save them as JavaFX FXML-formatted files
- Develop amazing gesture-based applications and an interactive touchless JavaFX application with Leap motion devices
- Get hands-on knowledge about mobile development and create native JavaFX applications for Apple iOS and Android platforms
- Use JavaFX with an Arduino board to develop desktop applications to monitor data coming from the real world or control real devices
JavaFX is a software platform to create and deliver rich Internet applications (RIAs) that can run across a wide variety of devices.
JavaFX Essentials will help you to design and build high performance JavaFX 8-based applications that run on a variety of devices.
Starting with the basics of the framework, it will take you all the way through creating your first working application to discovering the core and main JavaFX 8 features, then controlling and monitoring your outside world. The examples provided illustrate different JavaFX and Java SE 8 features.
This guide is an invaluable tutorial if you are planning to develop and create JavaFX 8 applications to run on a variety of devices and platforms.