FXML is a scriptable, XML-based markup language for constructing Java object graphs. It provides a convenient alternative to constructing such graphs in procedural code, and is ideally suited to defining the user interface of a JavaFX application, since the hierarchical structure of an XML document closely parallels the structure of the JavaFX scene graph.
- To creates a JavaFX FXML-enabled application in a standard IDE project: Click File -> New Project... in NetBeans IDE.
- Select Categories of JavaFX, and Projects of JavaFX FXML Application, then click Next.
- Enter name and location of the project, then click Finish.
Three Files under Source Packages will be created:
- Sample.fxml: The FXML source file to define the UI.
- Sample.java: The controller file to handle user input of mouse and keyboard.
- helloFXML.java: The main Java code.
Now, try to run the auto-generated JavaFX FXML Application.